Earlier this evening, Monday, May 10 2021, the Prime Minister confirmed further details regarding the next stage of the Covid-19 Roadmap.
From next Monday, May 17, the following changes to restrictions will occur:
- Rule of six or two households indoors
- Gatherings of up to 30 outdoors permitted
- Pubs and restaurants to re-open indoors
- Cinemas, indoor play areas, hotels, hostels, B&Bs, theatres, concert halls and business conference centre to re-open
- Sports stadia open subject to capacity limits
- Travel will be allowed within the UK, including overnight stays
- Travel outside the UK will be subject to green, red and amber regulations. These can be found here.
- No face coverings will be required in schools and university can return to full face to face teaching with rapid testing twice a week.
- Those in care homes can have five named visitors and greater freedom to leave without isolatioonon return.
Shaun Bailey, MP for Wednesbury, Oldbury and Tipton commented, "I am delighted that vaccination continues apace with over 18 million people across the United Kingdom having received two doses.
I know everyone is eager to return to life as usual and I hope you will enjoy this step towards normality
With the success of the lockdown and the Prime Minister's Roadmap in reducing transmission, we are now able to look towards the future. I look forward to returning to Westminster and getting on with representing the people of Wednesbury, Oldbury and Tipton."