Shaun welcomes the recently announced business support and will continue to lobby for greater support, particularly for wet pubs. Currently the following schemes have been announced, in addition to the schemes already in place;
- Retail, hospitality and leisure businesses get one off grants of up to £9,000
- £594 million discretionary fund also made available to support other impacted businesses
This is in addition to the previously announced £1.1 billion discretionary grants to local authorities, local restriction support grants of £3,000 a month and the furlough scheme (currently in place until the end of April) .
Businesses should apply to local authorities and new details of this will be shared across all channels when this becomes available. The amounts granted to closed businesses as one-off grants are as follows:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
The office remains available for support and to answer any questions and can be contacted through this website. Details of all the business support schemes currently available are at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus/business-support .